PRIVACY STATEMENT NUTRISAN
We understand that your trust in us is the most important capital of “NUTRISAN NV” (hereinafter referred to as “NUTRISAN”, “we” or “us”). Your privacy is therefore essential to us.
This privacy statement (hereinafter referred to as the “Privacy Statement”) applies to (i) our website https://www.nutrisan.com (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”), (ii) all (commercial) relationships between NUTRISAN and its customers, prospects and business partners and (iii) when visiting our establishment(s).
Among other things, this Privacy Statement contains information about the personal data that NUTRISAN collects, as well as the way in which NUTRISAN uses and processes these personal data.
NUTRISAN wishes to emphasize that it always tries to act in accordance with the “Privacy Legislation”, i.e. (i) the Belgian Privacy Act of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy with regard to the processing of personal data, (ii) the EU Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC and (iii) the (future) Belgian legislation regarding the implementation of the aforementioned Regulation.
Visiting the Website, using NUTRISAN’s services, purchasing NUTRISAN products/goods, subscribing to a newsletter, any communication with NUTRISAN, possibly creating an account, subscribing to an event/seminar/…, etc. implies your express approval (by means of communication of your personal data or opt-in) of the Privacy Statement and thus of the way in which NUTRISAN collects, uses and processes your personal data.
I. Types of personal data
NUTRISAN may collect and process the following personal data:
- First name
- Email address
- Telephone number (landline and/or mobile) and fax
- Account name
- Delivery address
- Billing address
- Payment details
- VAT number
- Preferred means of communication
NUTRISAN may also automatically collect anonymous information regarding your use of the Website. For example, NUTRISAN may automatically log which parts of the Website you visit, which web browser you use, which website you visited when you accessed the Website. We cannot identify you from this information, but it allows NUTRISAN to compile statistics on the use of the Website
II. Mode of collection of personal data
This personal data is collected from or in connection with:
- Visiting the Website
- A collaboration with NUTRISAN
- Correspondence with and from NUTRISAN
- Visit of the building/branch
- Creating an account
- Requesting an offer
- Subscribing to the newsletter
- The use you make of the services Nutrisan (whether or not through the website)
- Registering for events, seminars, etc.
- Taking pictures or filming images at events
- Exchanging business cards
- Verification of your identity (e.g. when you contact customer service)
The personal data collected by NUTRISAN are thus provided by you explicitly and voluntarily.
The provision of certain personal data is (sometimes) a condition for being able to enjoy certain services (e.g. to gain access to certain parts of the Website, to subscribe to newsletters, to participate in certain activities and events). This indicates which data are mandatory and which are optional.
III. Use of personal data
NUTRISAN may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- The execution of a contract with NUTRISAN (including its follow-up)
- Sending targeted marketing and advertising, updates and promotional offers based on your explicit approval, as well as predicting/tracking purchasing behaviour and anticipating this via profiling.
- Statistical purposes
- Sending newsletters
- Formatting of quotations
- The use of photos/camera images on NUTRISAN’s website or social media page.
- Follow-up after a meeting
- Creating an account
- Registration of visitor in the building / establishment
- Registration of registration for an event, seminar, etc.
- Answering questions (whether or not asked via contact form) or providing support
- Optimising the quality, management and content of the Website
- Conducting customer satisfaction surveys, surveys or other market surveys
- The sending of invoices and the collection of invoices
The processing takes place on the following legal grounds, as the case may be:
- You have consented to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes
- The processing is necessary for the execution of the contract with NUTRISAN or, at your request, to take measures prior to the conclusion of a contract.
- The processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation incumbent upon NUTRISAN.
- The processing is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of another natural person.
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a task in the public interest
- The processing is necessary to protect the legitimate interests of NUTRISAN or a third party, except where your interests or fundamental rights and your fundamental freedoms requiring the protection of personal data outweigh those interests (in particular if you are a minor).
IV. Disclosure of personal data to third parties
NUTRISAN will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as may be necessary for the performance of the agreement and its optimisation. In this context, your personal data may be disclosed to transport partners, data centres, financial institutions, insurance companies, IT partners, payment providers, software suppliers, cloud partners, etc.
If it is necessary for NUTRISAN to disclose your personal data to third parties in this context, the third party in question is obliged to use your personal data in accordance with the provisions of this Privacy Statement.
However, without prejudice to the above, NUTRISAN may disclose your personal data:
- To the competent authorities (i) where NUTRISAN is obliged to do so by law or in the context of judicial or future legal proceedings and (ii) to safeguard and defend NUTRISAN’s rights.
- When NUTRISAN or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case your personal data collected by NUTRISAN will be one of the transferred assets.
In all other cases, NUTRISAN will not sell, rent or pass on your personal data to third parties unless it has (i) obtained your consent and (ii) entered into a data processing agreement with the third party in question, which contains the necessary guarantees regarding the confidentiality and privacy compliant treatment of your personal data.
V. Cross-border processing of personal data
Any transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to a recipient residing or having its registered office in a country not covered by an adequacy decision issued by the European Commission shall be governed by provisions of a data transfer agreement, which shall either (i) contain the standard contractual clauses set out in the ‘Decision of the European Commission of 5 February 2010 (Decision 2010/87/EC)’, or (ii) provide appropriate safeguards by any other mechanism under the Privacy Legislation or any other regulations governing the processing of personal data.
VII. Storage of personal data
Unless a longer retention period is required or justified (i) by law or (ii) by compliance with another legal obligation, NUTRISAN will retain your personal data only for the time necessary to achieve and fulfil the purposes described in this Privacy Statement under “III. Use of personal data’. If a NUTRISAN customer has not placed an order or made any other form of contact with NUTRISAN for five (5) consecutive years, his personal data will be deleted (unless he does not explicitly unsubscribe from the newsletter).
VII. Your privacy rights
In connection with the processing of your personal data, you have the following privacy rights:
- Right of access to your personal data;
- Right to rectification, completion or update of your personal data;
- Right to be forgotten (NUTRISAN would like to point out to you that certain services will no longer be accessible or can be provided if you delete or arrange for the deletion of certain necessary personal data);
- Right to have the processing of your personal data restricted;
- Right to transferability of your personal data;
- Right of objection/objection to the processing of your personal data.
If you wish to exercise your privacy rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form to exercise your privacy rights and send it to NUTRISAN by e-mail or by post.
In principle, you can exercise these rights free of charge using the above form.
If you no longer wish to receive newsletters or information about NUTRISAN’s products/services, you may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” button provided in each NUTRISAN e-mail at the bottom.
VIII. Security of personal data
NUTRISAN undertakes to take appropriate and reasonable physical, technological and organisational security measures in order to prevent (i) unauthorised or unlawful access to your personal data, as well as (ii) the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data.
NUTRISAN will store all personal data it has collected in the cloud with data centres in the EU.
Notwithstanding (i) NUTRISAN’s safety policy, (ii) the controls it carries out and (iii) the actions it takes in this regard, an infallible level of safety cannot be guaranteed. No method of transmission or transmission via the Internet or any method of electronic storage is 100% secure, so that NUTRISAN cannot guarantee absolute security in this respect.
Finally, the security of your account will also depend on the confidentiality of your password and other account information. NUTRISAN will never ask for your password, nor will you be obliged to provide it yourself. If you have given your password to a third party, that third party will gain access to your account and your personal data via your password. In that case, you are responsible for the actions taken by the use that is made of your account. NUTRISAN therefore strongly recommends that you change your password immediately if you determine that someone has access to your account, and contact NUTRISAN immediately.
IX. Update Privacy Statement
NUTRISAN is entitled to update this Privacy Statement by posting a new version on the Website. It is strongly recommended that you regularly check the Websites and the relevant page on which the Privacy Statement is displayed to ensure that you are aware of any changes.
X. References to other websites
The Website may contain hyperlinks to other websites. When you click on any of these links, you may be directed to another website or Internet resource that may knowingly or through cookies or other technologies collect information about you. NUTRISAN has no responsibility, liability or control over these other websites or Internet resources, nor over their collection, use and distribution of your personal data. You should review the privacy policies of these other websites and Internet resources to determine whether they are acting in accordance with the Privacy Laws.
XI. Contact NUTRISAN
If you have any questions about the Privacy Statement or about how NUTRISAN collects, uses or processes your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you are dissatisfied with the way NUTRISAN has handled these questions or comments or if you have any complaints about the way NUTRISAN collects, uses or processes your data, you may submit a complaint to the Privacy Committee.